Chiropractic Care for Neck Pain
At Chiropractic Clinic of Dr Gregory Miller in Dededo, Guam, we can treat a wide variety of conditions. Our goal is to help patients live their lives to their full potentials with an unobstructed range of motion and no pain. We provide chiropractic adjustments, electrical muscle stimulation, therapeutic ultrasounds, back pain treatment, and neck pain treatment. Neck pain is a common ailment we treat and can be debilitating.
Neck Pain Causes and Types
The ligaments, muscles, and bones in your neck support the full weight of your head, allowing for movement in different directions. The neck is vulnerable to injuries. Some causes of neck pain include:
- Straining, stretching, or tearing a muscle in the neck due to prolonged looking up or down, stress, or sleeping in an uncomfortable position.
- Whiplash from an auto accident.
- Spondylosis or general age-related wear and tear of the spinal discs.
- A herniated disc, which occurs when the rubbery disc between the spinal vertebrae develops issues.
- Repetitive motions, like those associated with dancing or swimming.
- Poor posture, like slouching over your laptop for long hours.
The pain may be classified in the following ways:
- Acute if it lasts for less than 4 weeks.
- Subacute if it lasts between 4 and 12 weeks.
- Chronic if it lasts for 3 months or more.
Chiropractic Care for Neck Pain
Our chiropractor will diagnose your neck pain and determine its cause. We will perform a physical exam and may use X-rays to better understand your condition. Our chiropractor will then create a personalized treatment plan for you and your condition.
We can use a variety of methods to treat neck pain, including:
- Flexion-distraction technique, which is a gentle, hands-on spinal manipulation technique that uses a pumping action instead of direct force on the affected inter vertebral disc.
- Instrument-assisted manipulation, which makes use of a hand-held instrument that lets our chiropractor apply force without directly thrusting into the spine.
- Specific spinal manipulation, which uses a gentle thrusting technique to apply force to a selected area.
- Manual joint stretching and resistance techniques to help reduce neck pain and associated symptoms.
- Therapeutic ultrasounds, which sends sound waves into your muscles and tissue to help ease stiffness and pain in your neck.
- Therapeutic exercises to improve the range of motion in your neck and prevent your pain from progressing.
- Electrical muscle stimulation, which makes use of a low frequency electrical current to stimulate your neck muscles, eliminate pain, promote healing from within.
Schedule an Appointment with Our Chiropractor Today
If you are experiencing neck pain, you don’t have to continue suffering. It is important to get treatment so your condition does not worsen. At Chiropractic Clinic of Dr Gregory Miller in Dededo, Guam, we offer natural, safe, and effective treatment methods for neck pain and other conditions. Our chiropractor will create a treatment plan unique to you and your condition. To learn more about our services or to schedule an appointment, call us today.